So in the past 24 hours I decided to try something new on Netflix. I have heard so many greats things about this one TV show called The Walking Dead, that I figured I needed to make my own opinion of it. Now I am not the type of girl that is very into scary movies, gore, or anything of that matter, but this TV show was very intriguing. I’m going to tell it to you straight… this is a very gory show. The makeup and effects are amazing, but nevertheless, it is bloody and gross. The story line is one that keeps you on your toes and rooting for the main characters. There is just something about Zombies that make me feel uncomfortable though. Is it because I think that a zombie apocalypse could happen? Maybe, maybe not…but I do know that watching this show made me feel a little jumpy and uneasy about the fate of the world. I told my roommate today that if this ever did happen that I would most definitely be one of the first people to go.
This show has pulled at my heartstrings a few times and has brought me deathly close to tears in only the second episode. You find yourself rooting for these poor people and the show keeps throwing curve balls just when you think everything is starting to be somewhat OK. I would recommend it to people who are not eating lunch first of all or people that are frightened or disgusted by blood and guts. Other than those few details, I would say that the high thrill this show seems to give it’s viewers is what keeps them coming back and watching the next seasons. You just have to know what becomes of your beloved main characters. I can see why so many people have become absolutely addicted to it. All I have to say is to try it out. You will know in the first episode if it is your type of thing or not. Trust me.
I have this awesome friend Kelsey (visit her blog HERE) that seems to like every TV show, movie, and book that I do. How often is it that everything you like, one of your best friends likes also? Well the other day Kelsey was really raving about this TV show called Vampire Diaries that she was addicted to on Netflix. She recommended it to me and I finally got around to watching some of the first season yesterday. All I have to say is that I started the first episode at 8pm and was seriously attached to my computer till almost 1am. It was insane how incredibly addicting it was after only the first couple of minutes. Not only are there two extremely cute men, but the suspense and edginess of the show really catches you by suprise. I definitely have to add it to the list of weird coincidences that me and Kelsey have in our taste of entertainment choices. If you like any of the below shows/movies, I would highly suggest you try Vampire Diaries on Netflix!
– Pretty Little Liars, Glee, Harry Potter (my ultimate fav), Hunger Games, Twilight Series, Once, Gilmore Girls, Pitch Perfect, Movies with Amanda Bynes (Shes The Man, Sydney White, ect), and many others!
If you have any suggestions on TV shows that may be somewhat similar to these, please feel free to share below! I am a college student and use Netflix heavily!
1. Jim Halpert. Not only is Jim just adorable in the TV show The Office, but he is insanely cute as well. He has a quick sense of humor and an eye for trouble, but never fails to amaze us with his kind and loving personality.
2. Ezra Fitz. This hot english teacher from Pretty Little Liars definitely would have me paying attention in class. Who cares if he is dating a student played to be MUCH younger than him? That’s actually the only dangerous things about this harmless gem. He is also pinned as naive and sensitive, but has a romantic spark in him that any girl would fall in love with.
3. Ted Mosby. How is Ted single through 1000 seasons of How I Met Your Mother? Ted is a aspiring to be a big name architect that just has bad luck with love. He is hilarious without even trying and has a great group of friends any girlfriend would want their boyfriend to be around. Ted seems like he would be a great boyfriend that truly cared about the girls feelings. Mostly because Ted is portrayed as sensitive and emotional as the girls he dates. Setting aside that fact… I would totally date the crap out of him.
4. Marshall Eriksen. Again from How I Met Your Mother, Marshall is the most literal term of the”Perfect Husband”. He is hilarious and will put up with just about anything. Being sensitive and sweet he only comes off as a big teddy bear. He makes being a great husband look EASY.
5. Prince Charming. In the hit TV show Once, Prince Charming definitely takes the term hot to a whole different level. Running around in tights in all the episodes definitely don’t make him difficult on the eyes. He is brave, smart, daring, and very caring towards the people he loves and protects. Any girl would be swept off their feet by an man of such respect and elegance.