Etsy is a marvelous place to spend countless hours looking and still find amazing items for great prices! The lovely thing about Etsy in my opinion is that you are actually communicating with the owners and creators of the pieces you are buying. This past week I had the joy and pleasure to come in contact with the store “Craft Cuts”. You can visit their store by clicking HERE or on the picture. Craft cuts specializes in handmade/ hand painted items that are cut and made just to your liking. Initialed monogramed items are really in right now. With Craft Cuts, you can do just that with your house or apartment. They make them in all sizes with as many letters as you want and in any color you want. I can guarantee you that when you work with Craft Cuts.com you will find exactly what you are looking for and more! Not only do they have letters, but they also have other cute things like mustaches and greek letters for every sort of occasion! Check out my adorable letters I just received in the mail. You can also visit Craft Cuts directly at their website www. craftcuts.com.
This week I was in line to get on of my workout gym’s famous fruit smoothies. As I was standing there, I decided that I was going to try and make my own delicious, healthy, and filling smoothie. So I got out of line and headed to my grocery store to see what I could come up with. After wandering the isles of HEB, I finally had the ingredients I wanted to try. This was going to be my masterpiece. When I have made smoothies in the past, they always ended up too thick, or really watery, not sweet enough/too sweet, and all around not very awesome. I have absolutely nailed it on the head this time!
What do you want in a smoothie? For me There are 3 rules, 1) Eliminate the fat content 2) Get antioxidants and other good “stuff” from fresh fruit 3) Make sure that it tastes good and has a creamy like texture. If you follow my recipe, you will find all of these in your smoothie.
1) When making your own smoothie, you want to make sure the ingredients are affordable and easily accessible. These ingredients are at every store and there are plenty of brands for you to choose from! I started by finding a base for my smoothie. In the past I had used juice which I found to over power the smoothie and make it too watery. This time I headed for the yogurt section. After looking at yogurts I finally decided that I would get a pre-made smoothie and use it as my base. This would make my smoothie creamy instead of watery. To eliminate fat gain, I purchase a “light” smoothie” which included no fat at all! Next I headed to milk. I didn’t want my smoothie to be so creamy it was hard to drink. I purchased FAT FREE milk to make sure I followed the first rule I made which was making sure there was NO FAT in my smoothie. Next I went to the frozen section and bought “Organic Mixed Berries”. This saves you A LOT of money when your other option would be buying individual containers of fruit. The package I bought had no additives, which means that I am not adding excess sugars to my smoothie. This is following rule NUMER 2. After you find the fruit you want, you’re done at the grocery store! YAY!!
2) To make the smoothie you need to grab your blender! Lay out your ingredients in front of you to make sure you have everything. It should look like the photo above! Next what I want you to do is to take your yogurt smoothie you purchased and dump the entire bottle into your blender! The yogurt smoothie I purchased was Activia’s Pina Colada “light” smoothie. They have many flavors but I LOVE pina colada. The other good thing about this particular brand is that it will help your digestive system! Healthy ALL around.
3) Next you want to add the berries! I say you can do add much as you want on this part. But what I have learned is that it usually works best if you add about 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of berries into the blender. You also want to make sure that you have all the types of berries in the blender. I found that the larger strawberries like to hide at the bottom of the bag, and they are what gives your smoothie a lot of the sweetness that you will want.
4) Next add the milk and the ice. I have found that adding as much milk or a little under as the yogurt content works nicely. Then to top it off only add TWO cubes of ice. If you add more it will be choppy in your smoothie and make it too thick. Depending on how big your smoothie is looking, you could add three if two is not enough… But you can always add more later when you have started blending. The result of all these ingredients should look like the picture to the right above.
5) MIX THE SMOOTHIE – Hopefully there is no need for more explanation here. Make sure you at least mix it for twenty or more seconds.. Even shake it around a bit.
6) The end result in your blender should look like so….
7) The end result should be creamy yet still drinkable. It should taste absolutely yummy or you did something wrong! This smoothie has 4 or more grams of protein that will help rebuild your muscles after a long workout!
I hope you enjoyed! If you have suggestions or tried it a different way, please comment below!!
CHECK OUT LAST WEEK RECIPE Avocado Mac & Cheese HERE!!!
I know that I have already done a Man Crush post on Harry Styles and One Direction, but I thought that Harry deserves his own post since he is so absolutely lovely! He has been my main squeeze since day one… My man crush of man crushes! I just think that he is adorable and I love his deep raspy voice. Harry just recently turned 19 which means that he is in my dateable range (YAY! This is exciting news).
One of the most noticeable things about Harry Styles is his gorgeous smile. He has beautiful straight and white teeth, that he can literally knock your socks off when he smiles. Another feature that I find most appealing about Harry is his long, luscious, curly locks of hair. Most people think it is too much, but for me, I think it is just perfect. I really have a thing for men with curly hair, so that would explain my fascination with it.
One of my problems with Harry is that he tends to be quite the ladies man when it comes to dating. He not only has dated much older women than him, but also has a numerous amount of short lived relationships. Either you take the whole cake or leave it behind and I choose to take the WHOLE! Just kidding. But I seriously would love to gaze into his beautiful eyes and have him smile at me…. Ahhhhh. Sorry… back to reality now! Antoher thing that might be a problem when he decides that I am his one true love, is his many tattoos. It isn’t that I do not like tattos, it is that he has some very strange choices in tattoos. No worries though, that can be sorted out before the wedding.
One of the things I find absolutely adorable with Harry is his weird humor/personality. In One Direction’s video blogs, he seems pretty quiet and reserved, but in their music videos, he is always the one doing something funny and cute. I know I will never get the chance to meet him, but a girl can dream. LOVE YOU HARRY!
I am just going to come out and say it…. I love me some Bradley Cooper. But really, who doesn’t? I don’t care how many stupid roles he has played, there is nothing quite like Bradley Cooper. I prefer him with his shorter hair but to be quite honest, i’ll take him any way that he comes. He has absolutely one of the prettiest smiles in Hollywood and some of the prettiest blue eyes on the planet. Some roles that I really enjoyed his performance in were Silver Linings Playbook, Limitless, Valentines Day, and even The Hangover. No matter what role he plays, Bradley Cooper gets my vote for cutest actor. In his personal life Bradley was married to Jennifer Esposito but then later got divorced. He has also dated actresses such as Zoe Saldana and Renee Zellweger. On a finishing note, as long as Bradley keeps smiling, so will I.
If I had to summarize Rylan reynolds into three words they would be sexy, funny, and adorable. Ryan Reynolds has really captured my heart in all of his romantic comedies. The two that really stand out in my mind are The Proposal and Definitely, Maybe. When I first saw The Proposal is when I first fell in love with Ryan. Not only did his famous costar Sandra Bullock make the movie, but Ryan added the cute, funny, and sensitive side that made this comedy really sparkle. In his other romantic comedy Definitely, Maybe, Ryan plays an adorable father who is trying to help his daughter guess who her mother is out of his several flings earlier in life. In both of these movies, Ryan plays a very silimiar but loveable character. In his personal life, Ryan just recently got married to Blake Lively who starred in The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants. Other movies Ryan is known for include Green Lantern, Safe House, and The Change Up.
Although I may not call myself a “Beliber”, I have had a few moments here and there of finding Mr. Justin Bieber attractive. Being one of his 35 million followers, I can for sure say that he has captured the heart of most preteen girls world wide. I do realize that I am 19 and the typical age that adores Justin is between 5-14, but this doesn’t stop me from jamming to his very repetitive music in my car. I will say one thing that I do not like about the “new” Justin Bieber… I cannot stand his new hair style. It reminds me more of a flamboyant peacock. I really liked the old Bieber style compared to this new style. But nevertheless, I still label Justin as a cutie. He may not have the most perfect music in the world, but he is a good live performer and those are hard to come by in this day and age. Some songs that I really like jamming out to in my car include, As Long As You Love Me, Baby, Never Say Never, Overboard, Boyfriend, and a few others. I just hope that Justin can continue to maintain a good image compared to the many teen stars that have turned into burn outs. So far he has yet to get into any trouble except for some rumors that were never proven true. Good luck Justin!
Channing Tatum is on his way (if not already) to being a household name in America. Everyone has seen one of his many movies such as Step Up, The Vow, 21 Jump Street, Magic Mike, and maybe even his new movie Side Effects. Before becoming a movie star, Channing actually worked in a strip club where he made most of his money. This would explain the extremely hot body that he keeps in shape and his fabulous performance in Magic Mike. Channing Tatum is happily married to Jenna Dewan, who happens to be his costar in one of his first major movies, Step Up. The couple just announced that they are expecting their first baby.
If you have been keeping up with the blog then you would know that I am currently into The Vampire Diaries. I thought it would only be right if I made this weeks Man Crush Tuesday one of the many adorable actors that star in this show. Ian Somerhalder stars as Damon Salvatore, a dangerous yet incredibly handsom vampire. Unfortunately this morning I found out that Ian is 34 years old. This information made me sad because it makes him way too old for me to even consider adding to my list of potential husbands. It’s ok to look though, right?
Check out another Man Crush HERE!
Everyone knows Zac Efron from Disney’s series of movies, High School Musical. After the “stardom” of the series, Zac tried to get into more “adult” roles like Charlie Saint Cloud and The Lucky One. My guess is that his fan following was all girls under the age of 14 and he was looking for something a little more… appropriate. Luckily for us ladies, Zac has not been known to be with a lot of girls (or at least he hides it well). In my opinion, this makes an actor much more attractive. I have loved Zac every since I heard the “Start Of Something New” come out of his beautiful mouth. Check out last weeks Man Crush HERE.
Who doesn’t like a hot australian accent? Luckily that is exactly what you get when you listen in on a conversation with Chris Hemsworth. Don’t let the extremely muscular build, tan body, or gorgeous eyes fool you! Chris plays a wide range of dangerous and intesnse characters. All the way from The Avengers and Thor, to Snow White and the Huntsman and The Cabin in the Woods. Checking in at a height of 6’3, Chris surely has enough arm space to hold you tight in his bulging man arms.
Todays special recipe is… (drumroll)…. TOSTADAS! Now there are many ways to do a traditional tostada. The way I am going to share with you is CHEAP, YUMMY, AND QUICK. Literally takes me only ten minutes or less to make. These “mexican pizzas” may not be purely “authentic” but they sure are good!
Generic brand tostadas
1 can of refried beans
Shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend cheese
-Toppings (Any Combination)-
1. Set your stove to LOW BROIL
2. Open the beans and layer them on to the tostadas (As much as you like)
3. Throw some shredded cheese on top (I put a good amount)
4. Make guacamole if you plan on putting it on your tostada (Its soooo good. I recommend it)
5. Throw the tostadas in the over for only about three minutes. (Don’t want to burn them!)
6. Take them out and put on any toppings you would like!
7. My personal tostada would have guacamole, shredded lettuce, and hamburger sliced pickles on it
– (I know that sounds gross but it is actually a good substitute if you don’t care for jalapenos!)